Congratulations on completing the first step on your road to financial freedom!
Now that you have completed your payment of Legal Fees for your Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, we can move very quickly to file your bankruptcy. You will need to pull together copies of the following things as soon as possible:
• 6 months of Paystubs
• 6 months of Bank Statements
• 2014 and 2015 Federal and State Tax Returns & W-2s
• Vehicle Titles or Registrations currently in your name
• Vehicle Insurance Policy
• Retirement, 401-K, Annuities or Pension Statements
• Life Insurance Policies
• Deed of Trust and Homeowner’s Insurance Policy (If you own a home and want to keep it.)
• Rental Agreement (If you are a renter.)
• Any Lawsuits you have been involved in.
• Divorce Decree (If you have ever been divorced.)
• Listing of all of your household possessions (Click here for an example)
This may seem like a lot of stuff, but you should be able to reasonably access most of it very easily. (Most statements are available online.) The paralegal that is actually working on your petition needs all of this information, as well as your completed Bankruptcy Questionaire as soon as possible. You can either:
• Print out this questionnaire and fill it in by hand
• Complete the form online and print it out to bring to our office
• Complete the form online and save it to your computer to email to our office or upload here.
Whichever way you complete this task, you will need to furnish the final document to your paralegal with all of the other documents listed above. You can either mail, email or hand-deliver your documents to our office as soon as you have them all ready.
Once you have completed all of these things, your case can be prepared by our office. Once the petition is prepared we will schedule a meeting for you to review the Bankruptcy Petition and to pay the Court Filing Fee of $335.00. If you have any questions or concerns as you go through this process, always free to Contact Your Paralegal Online or call (480) 739-2253.